Communities Integration Fund 2023: closing date 15th March
- €500,000 will be made available to local community-based projects nationwide to support the integration of migrants.
- Grants of up to €5,000 will be allocated to successful organisations to support integration initiatives.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 pm on Wednesday 15th March 2023.
- Applicants can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/CommunityIntegrationFundApp2023.
Now in its seventh year, the Communities Integration Fund celebrates the rich cultural diversity within local communities and enables local community-based organisations across Ireland to play a greater role in supporting the integration of migrants. Successful organisations stand to receive grant funding of €1,000 – €5,000 to support local integration initiatives
The Communities Integration Fund arises from Action 51 of the Migrant Integration Strategy, which calls for funding to be made available to local communities throughout Ireland to promote the integration of migrants and refugees. Since its inception in 2017, the Communities Integration Fund has supported over 710 projects with grant funding totalling €3.32m.
The Migrant Integration Strategy sets out the Government’s commitment to the promotion of migrant integration as a key part of Ireland’s renewal and as an underpinning principle of Irish society. The Strategy provides a framework for a range of actions to support migrants to participate fully in Irish life.
Purpose of projects/activities
This call is open to local community based groups and centres around 10 key themes to support migrant integration:
- Intercultural Awareness;
- Combating Racism and Xenophobia;
- Sport & Community Games;
- Community Events;
- Capacity Building;
- School Aged Projects;
- Migrant Women.
As this Fund is intended to support the integration of migrant and host communities, all applications must demonstrate the ability to involve both migrant and host communities in the activities proposed. The maximum grant amount that can be applied for is €5,000 and the minimum grant is €1,000.
Applicants can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/CommunityIntegrationFundApp2023.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 pm on Wednesday 15th March 2023.