Teacher Artist Partnership: CALL FOR ARTISTS
The TEACHER-ARTIST PARTNERSHIP CPD programme (T.A.P.) is a Creative Ireland, Department of Education and Skills led and approved Summer Course offering FULLY PAID TRAINING AND IN-SCHOOL RESIDENCY OPPORTUNITIES FOR ARTISTS (across all art forms)
- Open to artists, working in any art form, who are committed to sharing their practice with children and teachers in a modern primary school environment
- Specialist, week-long training 1st – 5th July 2019 based in Navan Education Centre to prepare the artist for the unique requirements of working harmoniously in partnership with a teacher within the modern Irish classroom
- A training allowance of €150 per day over the initial 5-day training/induction week (€750 in total), plus travel with daily lunch provided.
- Brokerage and development of partnerships with creative teachers, in schools committed to contemporary arts learning and practice and creativity
- Guarantee of a paid, follow up in-school-residency within a local primary school (Fee €800, plus €100 travel plus €100 materials) to carry out a 20-hour project (14 contact hours plus 6 preparation hours) in partnership with your teacher partner throughout the 2019/2020 academic year
- Information, learning and networking opportunities for further freelance work within the education system.
For further information and details on application visit: http://www.meath.ie/CountyCouncil/Arts/NewsandEvents/Name,70701,en.html
Meath County Council Arts Office and Library Services present ‘The Sound Of Musicals’
Join acclaimed vocalists Naoise Stewart Kelly and Brian Gilligan with pianist Jillian Saunders for a concert packed full of show stopping hits from the world’s best loved musicals.
Including songs from: My Fair Lady, Corousel, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Oliver, A Little Night Music, cats, Oklahoma and More!
- Oldcastle Library Friday 10th May at 11am – 12pm Ph: 049 8542084
- Ashbourne Library Friday 10th May at 2.30pm – 3.30pm Ph: 01 8358185
- Trim Library Friday 24th May at 2.30pm – 3.30pm. Ph: 046 9436063
Places are Free, but booking is essential. Please phone venue directly to reserve your place
Shaping Ireland, Landscapes in Irish Art
National Gallery Talk – Oldcastle Library Friday 17th May at 11am
The National Gallery of Ireland are opening an exhibition entitled: ‘Shaping Ireland, Landscapes in Irish Art’. This exhibition will explore the relationship between people and the natural world. The exhibition features 50 artists, including Paul Henry, Jack B Yeats and George Barret, but also many contemporary practitioners who are living and working in Ireland today.
To accompany this exhibition, National Talks are running a series of talks around the country for audiences to learn more about the works.
This series of free illustrated talks delivered by members of the education team will bring the themes and artistry of Shaping Ireland to audiences across the country and is coming to Co. Meath.
- Where: Oldcastle Library
- When: Friday 17th May
- Time: 11.00am – 12 noon
Places are Free, but booking is essential.
Please phone Oldcastle Library directly to reserve your place on 049 8542804.