€883,000 in funding has become available to be allocated under a new call for LEADER Food Initiative projects.
This initiative aims to support Artisan, Micro, Small food producers and farm diversification enterprises. This grant aid is also for investment in local processing facilities, which allow farmers to sell their products into the local and wider domestic markets. Medium enterprises (over 20 employees) are not eligible under this initiative.
- Over €883,000 in funding is available under the LEADER Food Initiative
- Call aimed at Artisan, Micro, Small food producers or on-farm diversification enterprises
- This grant aid is also for investment in local processing facilities, which allow farmers to sell their products into the local and wider domestic markets
The maximum amount of funding permitted per project under this call is €200,000 and funding proposals must not be for less than €5,000 per project. Additionally, projects must be fully completed by 31 March 2024.
Projects must be:
- In the areas of (1) market development, (2) competitiveness or (3) innovation and must be in line with the objectives of the Meath LEADER Local Development Strategy
- Project applicants must be an Artisan, Micro, Small food producer or an on-farm diversification enterprise and registered as a food producer with the relevant Competent Authority as per Regulation (EC) No 852/2004;
The costs that are eligible for funding are the same as for all other projects in accordance with the LEADER 2014 – 2022 Operating Rules. For example, this would include support for:
- the construction, acquisition or improvement of immovable property;
- the purchase of new machinery and equipment;
- intangible investments such as the development of computer software and the acquisition of patents, licences, copyrights or trademarks; and,
- second-hand equipment
Fill in the Expression of Interest at link below before 5pm Monday 28th of August 2023