‘Let’s Talk about Alcohol and Pregnancy’: webinar 9th September 2022 12.30pm – HSE Health & Wellbeing Alcohol Programme
The HSE Health and Wellbeing Alcohol Programme have an upcoming Webinar, Let’s Talk about Alcohol and Pregnancy on 9th Sept from 12.30 – 13.45 for International Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) Awareness Day. Register here. This event has recently been approved for 1 CPD point by the RCPI.
This webinar will explore how to effectively communicate about the risks of alcohol during pregnancy and have challenging conversations about alcohol and pregnancy. New videos demonstrating alcohol brief interventions with pregnant women will be launched.
This webinar is aimed at all health and social care professionals working with pregnant women and/or those planning a pregnancy. It will also be of interest to a wider audience such as those working in education, health promotion, and community development.
Please find registration link here
- Caterina Georgi, Chief Executive Officer at Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education, Australia
- Dr Mary O’Mahony, Consultant in Public Health Medicine
- Professor Maeve Eogan, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Dr Hugh Gallagher, GP specialising in addiction medicine
- Tanya Franciosa, Principal Medical Social Worker
- Justin Gleeson, Drug Liaison Midwife