- €1,000,000 will be made available to community based organisations for initiatives supporting the integration of International Protection Applicants.
- Successful applicants stand to receive grants of up to €50,000 to carry out integration projects at national, provincial, or local levels throughout Ireland.
- Applicants can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form here. For queries, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm on Wednesday 24th August 2022.
PRESS RELEASE, 26 July 2022
Minister O’Gorman announces €1,000,000 International Protection Integration Fund 2022
Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth, Roderic O’Gorman, today (26 July 2022) announced €1,000,000 in funding under the International Protection Integration Fund 2022. The Fund aims to enable community based organisations across Ireland to play a greater role in supporting the integration of International Protection Applicants. Two funding streams will be available to organisations for both single and multi-county projects, awarding grants of €10,000 – €50,000.
Welcoming the announcement, Minister O’Gorman said:
“As detailed in A White Paper to End Direct Provision, the new model of supports proposed for International Protection Applicants centres on the idea of integration from day one. My department is working hard to ensure that all people seeking protection in this country are thoroughly supported to become members of their local communities. The International Protection Integration Fund 2022 will help progress this initiative by funding projects which support the integration of International Protection Applicants into towns and cities across the country. Bolstering the work already being done by the government and supported by local communities to welcome new cultures, the fund will ensure that those seeking protection are empowered to actively participate in Irish society whilst maintaining their diverse cultural identities. “
HOW TO APPLY:
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm on Wednesday 24th August 2022.
NOTE FOR EDITORS:
The International Protection Integration Fund arises from section 5.2.2 of A White Paper to End Direct Provision and to Establish a New International Protection Support Service which commits to making funding available for community integration initiatives. This call is open to community-based organisations, including local authorities, for projects which support the integration of International Protection Applicants. As such, all applications must demonstrate the ability to involve both International Protection Applicants and their host communities in the activities proposed.
A set of specific themes have been developed to direct applicants to key integration initiatives. These include:
- Civic and Legal Supports
- Health and Wellbeing
- Intercultural Awareness
- Combating Racism and Xenophobia
- Other Community Events
- Capacity Building
- Integration Research
Projects supporting the following objectives will be given special priority in 2022 and will attract additional marking during the selection process:
- Initiatives aimed at bolstering the employability of International Protection Applicants.
- Initiatives aimed at creating greater opportunities for language exchange in Irish society.
- Initiatives aimed at augmenting Applicants’ understanding of the asylum process through the provision of civic and legal supports.
- Initiatives aimed at supporting men between the ages of 19-25.
- Initiatives aimed at supporting pre-school aged children.
Issued by the Press and Communications Office at the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth. Tel: 01 647 – 3153/3114 Email: email@example.com