- €900,000 is being made available to applicant groups, operating at national, regional and local level, to support community services and promote visibility and inclusion of LGBTI+ people
- Funding basis will now include a ‘core support’ feature which will enable LGBTI+ NGOs to maintain and enhance existing services and initiatives.
- Funding aims to promote inclusion, protect rights and to improve quality of life and wellbeing for LGBTI+ people in Ireland.
- Grant scheme is open to applications from existing LGBTI+ non-government organisations and community organisations working with LGBTI+ people.
The Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth, Roderic O’Gorman, today announced that applications can now be made for funding from the LGBTI+ Community Services fund.
The 2022 LGBTI+ Community Services Funding Call is an important element in supporting the implementation of the National LGBTI+ Inclusion Strategy, which was published on 28 November 2019, and complements the National LGBTI+ Youth Strategy published in June 2018.
Based on feedback and discussions with a number of NGOs, Minister O’Gorman has expanded scheme A to include a ‘core support’ model. Scheme A will remain open for larger style projects but will also be open to applications from existing LGBTI+ NGOs for funding to maintain and enhance existing services and initiatives. This will assist these organisations build capacity and maintain existing and well-established LGBTI+ supports.
There are two streams of funding;
- Scheme A will continue to support new initiatives but will also be open to applications from existing LGBTI+ NGOs for funding to maintain and enhance existing services and initiatives. This will assist these organisations build capacity and maintain existing and well-established LGBTI+ supports.
- Scheme B will provide small grants to organisations for projects that promote visibility and inclusion of LGBTI+ persons.
All applications must be submitted electronically.
Applications for funding will remain open until 3pm on Wednesday 20 July 2022. Groups can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form at the following links:
Scheme A –
Scheme B –
Notes to Editor
Applications for Funding will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Strategic fit and achieving the goals of the Scheme, including how the proposed project would benefit LGBTI+ people in rural areas.
- Strength of proposal, including how the planned activities will improve services and meet the current unmet needs of the LGBTI+ community.
- Capacity of applicant organisation to deliver work programme, including whether the applicant organisation has a history of working with the LGBTI+ Community and track record on delivering specific programmes related to supporting the LGBTI+ Community.
- Financial management and value for money.