Equality & Human Rights in the Public Service: eLearning module from IHREC
To support public bodies to understand and meet their obligations under the Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty set out in Section 42 of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission Act 2014. 1 The Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC) have developed a new eLearning module called Equality and Human Rights in the Public Service. The purpose of the eLearning is to build understanding of equality and human rights concepts, legislation and approaches to implementing the Public Sector Duty.
What will you learn?
There are three units in the eLearning module.
- Unit 1: Equality in the Public Service – Introduces you to equality and the equality obligations of public bodies and explores issues facing staff and service users.
- Unit 2: Human Rights in the Public Service – Introduces you to human rights concepts and human rights obligations of public bodies and explores issues facing staff and service users.
- Unit 3: The Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty introduces you to the Public Sector Duty and the steps involved in its implementation.
Key points about the eLearning
- The eLearning is free.
- The module is accessible on a range of devices.
- It is self-paced, so you do not have to do it in one sitting.
- It will take approximately three hours to complete.
- There is an assessment at the end of each unit, which you must pass to proceed.
- You will receive a personalised certificate of completion once you complete all units and assessments.
You can access the eLearning at https://www.ihrec.ie/elearning
On registration members of PPN’s should select “Civil Society Organisation” from the list of organisations.
New eLearning tool in Equality and Human Rights in the Public Service -PPN’s – pdf