Save the Date – NDA Annual Conference 2022: 20th October 2022
Save the Date – NDA Annual Conference 2022
- Theme: From an accessibility to a universal design approach – learning from the public and provide sectors
- When: Thursday 20th October 2022, 10am – 16.15pm
- Where: This will be a blended event with the physical venue at Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin and virtual access also available
- Cost: Free of charge
This year’s event will examine Article 9 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) on Accessibility.
This conference will take a holistic approach to examining the barriers facing persons with disabilities presented by an inaccessible built environment, inaccessible public services and transport, inaccessible information and communication, as well as attitudes and assumptions. The sessions will focus not only on best practice in the public and private sectors, but also examining and presenting solutions to existing barriers and exploring ways of incentivising accessibility and Universal Design.
The conference will be of interest to:
- policy makers
- public sector officials
- local authority officials
- Disabled Persons Organisations and other disability organisations
- Individuals with disabilities and their families.
Please note, this is not an invitation, you will receive an invitation to register for the conference at a later date.