The National Youth Council of Ireland, together with the Department of Foreign Affairs, are now accepting applications for the United Nations Youth Delegate Programme for Ireland 2022 – 2023.
The programme is a truly amazing opportunity that will see two young people aged 18-25 join Ireland’s delegation to the United Nations, and give voice to issues concerning young people in Ireland and around the globe.
The aims of United Nations Youth Delegate Programme Ireland are:
- To provide a platform for young people from Ireland to be represented at the United Nations;
- To directly involve young people from Ireland in the international diplomacy and foreign policy and decision-making agenda;
- To hear and include the voice of young people on development, human rights, and global citizenship issues at local, national, and international levels;
- To promote development and youth policies among young people in Ireland;
- To familiarise young people in Ireland with global development issues, the Sustainable Development Goals, and opportunities for action;
- To support global citizenship activities and development initiatives in Ireland.
This Programme will support young people to be agents of change, and to foster active global citizenship through engagement with the UN, contributing to building a world of justice, equity, peace, and dignity.
Note that the application deadline is 1pm on 24th June 2022.
You can also find out about the programme and previous delegates on the UN Youth Delegate section of our website.