The Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee announces a funding call for Traveller and Roma Pride Week July 18th 2022
- Events must celebrate Traveller and/or Roma culture
- Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants
The Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee announces that applications can now be made for funding for events to celebrate Traveller and Roma Pride Week 2022.
Funding of up to €2,000 is available to applicants operating at regional and local level to community-based groups and organisations in order to host events the week of July 18th – 22nd.
In accordance with Government’s commitment to Action 1 of the National Traveller and Roma Inclusion Strategy 2017-2021, the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth is providing funding to the Traveller Pride Week Steering Committee to support, strengthen and expand Traveller and Roma Pride Week and to increase national awareness of the event.
The theme for this year’s Traveller Pride Week is Embracing a modern Traveller culture, with creativity in our roots. The Traveller culture experience is rapidly changing. Today, everyone’s experience of growing up as a Traveller is different. Crafts and traditions in our culture that were once widely practiced and experienced, are rare today. This year’s Traveller Pride Week is about coming together and acknowledging and embracing our heritage with pride, exploring our natural creativity to connect with one another, and sharing our cultural experiences through the joy that creativity brings.
Applications for funding will be granted for activities* satisfying the following criteria:
- Involve the active participation of members of the Traveller and/or Roma community at all stages of the project (planning, implementation etc);
- Celebrate and promote Traveller and/or Roma culture;
- Promote a positive image of Traveller and/or Roma Culture to the wider settled community;
- Members of the settled community must be included and invited to the event;
- The event must be accessible to an open public audience where possible.
*Online and virtual activities/events will also be considered
Please note: All events should comply with the relevant public health guidelines regarding Covid-19
Funding applications, guidelines and criteria details are available below, or from email@example.com. Completed applications must be received via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm Friday June 10th 2022, applications submitted after this date will not be accepted.
No Shame Campaign- social media video