2022 Allocation to Meath County Council is €11,000 under the Fáilte Ireland Regional Festivals and Participative Events Funding Scheme.
The Regional Festival and Participative Events Programme is aimed at festivals and participative events that fit into one of the following categories:
- General festivals (i.e., literary, historic, traditional culture or family focused).
- Arts, Music & Theatre.
- Food & Drink.
- Sports & Outdoors.
- Business & Education.
The following categories of festival and participative events are ineligible for this funding arrangement:
- Purely commercial events with limited tourism appeal.
- Agricultural shows and countryside fairs with limited tourism appeal.
- Spectator-based sporting events.
- Circuses and carnivals.
- Christmas fairs and markets.
Liaison with the Tourism Officer on circulating details of the grant scheme to those eligible to apply. The closing date for receipt of applications is 11th March 2022.