The COVID-19 Stability Fund has played an important role in providing much needed financial assistance to many community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises to help them continue to provide critical supports and services in 2020. Community and voluntary organisations, charities and social enterprises can now apply, including those who were successful in the previous rounds of the COVID-19 Stability Scheme in 2020.
Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received support under the 2020 Stability Scheme or from other Public (State) resources to address the impact of COVID-19 on their operations i.e. the applicant has not received any financial support from Government departments or public bodies since the onset of the pandemic.
Consideration will only be given to previous successful applicants of the Stability Scheme 2020 where all funding has been fully expended in line with the Scheme conditions and there is a clear and urgent need for additional funding.
Please note that Community Centres providing social services are eligible to apply.
Stability Fund Aim
The primary aim of the Stability Fund is to help organisations which are suffering financially due to a reduction in their fundraising or traded income so that they can continue to deliver eligible critical services to vulnerable people in their community.
The eligibility criteria and guidance for applicants has been updated for 2021. Download our applicant guidelines below or click on the eligible criteria tab or Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
We are anticipating a high demand for this funding. Meeting the eligibility criteria and submitting an application is no guarantee of funding. The level of funding awarded will be subject to the level of demand and individual grant awards are likely to be significantly less than those awarded in 2020.
Priority will be given to organisations that:
- Are experiencing a significant reduction in their fundraising or traded income i.e. private income in 2020 and/or 2021 when compared with 2019 income.
- Receive limited or no other public (state) funding e.g. from Government Departments or Statutory/Public Bodies including EU Funding for their day to day operations and services.
- Have not/are not in receipt of any COVID-19 State Supports from the Government.
If your organisation is not eligible for the Stability Fund please note that the Department of Rural and Community Development (DRCD) has launched the 2021 Community Enhancement Programme (CEP). This programme is relevant for smaller community and voluntary groups. You can find more details on the DRCD website.
Register on our Application Portal: Thursday 6th May to Tuesday 25th May
Online Application Form Opens: Thursday 20th May to Thursday 27th May
Online Application Form Closes: Thursday 27th May @3pm (15:00 hrs)
- You must register on the Portal before you can access the online application form.
- Organisations that have registered previously on the Stability Fund Portal do not need to re-register. Please check that you have your user name and password.