The Social Inclusion Forum
The Social Inclusion Forum (SIF) is one of the structures to support the development and implementation of Government plans to address poverty and social inclusion. The event provides a forum for consultation and discussion on social inclusion issues, particularly with people experiencing poverty and social exclusion and their representative groups/organisations.
SIF 2021 is being organised in the context of the Roadmap for Social Inclusion 2020-2025, the national strategy to address poverty and social exclusion published in January 2020, that aims to make Ireland one of the most inclusive States in the EU. SIF 2021 will provide an important opportunity for civil society, communities and stakeholders to discuss how the Roadmap can address issues of poverty and social inclusion, taking into consideration the immediate and log-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Feedback from the Forum will be presented for consideration to the Social Inclusion Roadmap Steering Group, chaired by Minister Joe O’Brien. SIF 2021 will be held online throughout the week of April 12th as follows:
- Opening Plenary
- Four thematic workshops that will provide a forum for discussion between civil society and policy makers
- Core Essentials: energy poverty, food poverty, health Inclusion policy – discussion on causes and how issues can be addressed
- Supporting Families and Children: developing a new child poverty target
- Expanding the Opportunity of Employment: how the Roadmap can support marginalised communities to access employment
- Ensuring the voices of marginalised communities voices are heard: perspective of marginalised groups & communities in the context of social inclusion
- Final Plenary meeting
CWI & EAPN PREPARATORY WORKSHOPS
Community Work Ireland and the European Anti-Poverty Network Ireland will hold a series of perparatory workshops that will provide an overview of the Roadmap for Social Inclusion and the workshop themes, and provide the opportunity for civil society, communities and stakeholders to discuss the issues. Feedback from the workshops will be presented to the opening Plenary of SIF 2021.
While recognising the current challenges we encourage people and communities experiencing poverty and social exclusion and their represetnative organisations to participate.
Register for the CWI/EAPN Preparatory Workshops here
- Core Essentials March 15th 2pm-4pm Register Here
- Supporting Families and Children March 16th 11am-1pm Register Here
- Expanding the Opportunity of Employment March 22nd 11am-1pm Register Here
- Ensuring the voices of marginalised communities are heard March 23rd 2pm-4pm Register Here