- Alongside the Samaritans 116 123 24/7) and Pieta 1800 247247 24/7), SeniorLine is another fantastic organisation helping older people cope during Covid. The SeniorLine Freefone 1800 80 45 91 and is open every day of the year 10am-10pm.
- Attached you will also find a booklet Recovery Post Covid-19 developed by St Marys Hospital to assist staff recovering from COVID 19 and gives advice on specific COVID-19 related symptoms.
- HSE Recovery Post Covid Booklet – pdf
- The booklet is a great resource, easy to use and suitable for anyone who may be recovering from COVID-19, so please forward on as appropriate.
- Summarised 1 page document on the National Framework is available to download here
- Irelands Contracting tracing app developed by a Waterford based company NearForm is now being used in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Gibraltar and Scotland. It was recently launched in the US state of Pennsylvania with more states launching the app in the coming weeks.
Updates from ALONE
Attached you will find ALONE’s Progress Report from Sept 6th to 20th along with infographic. Housing remains the highest area of need for all support coordination cases. The number of vulnerable adults identified and receiving an enhanced level of contact and support stands at 388, but the team have being doing Trojan work been with these individuals, ensuring they have access to the services they need (Support Coordination, Telephone befriending, Visitation befriending etc) or signposting as appropriate so this number will be reduced heavily in the coming weeks.
With the launch of the National Framework for living with COVID-19 ALONE are in the planning stages of our organisational approach to each level. Further guidance is to be issued by the government in relation to over70s and those who are medically vulnerable so we are look forward to this further clarity. We issued guidance to our Dublin Visitation volunteers that visits to older persons homes can continue during Level 3 provided that they call and confirm with their older person that they would like the volunteer to visit and that they will be the only other household visiting at the time of their arrangement visit. Their companionship is invaluable to older people at this time.