Saolta is a new strategic partnership that was formed to embed Development Education in the Adult and Community Education sector.
Saolta is made up of a consortium of organisations including AONTAS, Irish Rural Link, Concern Worldwide, Maynooth’s Adult & Community Development Department and Development Perspectives who are leading the consortium’s activities.
1. SDG Information Packs – Are you interested in finding out more about the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? We have 17 information packs with interaction challenges available for download. These packs are updated monthly to give you up to date information. Download here.
1. Training of Trainers Toolkit – The purpose of this Toolkit is to help you navigate your way through a whole series of quite complex and challenging but rewarding questions. This Development Education toolkit seeks to facilitate engaged critical and collective thinking for a more just, equal world.
2. Stepping Stones for the SDGs – This workbook aims to support adult and community educators in integrating the SDGs into their work using the principles and methodologies embraced by Development Education (DE). Download here.
3. Understanding the SDGs – This is an easy to use workbook with sessions for each of the 17 SDGs that could be delivered individually based on the interest of the adults and communities involved in each session. Download here.
Monitoring and Evaluation resources:
1. Development Education Evaluation Toolkit for the Adult and Community Education Sector – This toolkit helps DE providers and practitioners measure the outcomes and impact of their activities. It suggests a range of different approaches that can be tailored to individual requirements. Download the toolkit here and adaptable Word Document templates here.
1. Conference Paper – Supporting Development Education in the Adult and Community Education Sector – A Case Study of a Strategic Partnership Approach in Ireland. Paper presented at ANGEL Online Conference 2020, Oulu University, Finland by Saolta Research Officer, Melíosa Bracken. Download here.
2. Research Repository – A repository of academic research and commissioned reports, relevant to DE and the Adult and Community Sector is available here.This webpage also has an interactive map of providers of DE to adults and in the community. If you know of any provider not currently listed, please contact email@example.com
1. Hear the World Differently – This year Development Perspectives launched a new podcast which aimed to capture the essence of a number of workshops which were held in 2020 as part of Saolta. Listen here.