National Spring Clean is set to commence on Monday next, 8th June.
Meath County Council is happy to support any groups wishing to undertake a Clean Up in their area.
Most groups in Meath received pickers, bags and gloves during the Anti Litter Initiative in March, if you need any additional equipment, it is available from the recycling centres.
When your clean up is finished, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating roughly how many bags you have for collection, where they are stored, a contact name & number and we will collect the waste.
This year we would love to share some of your photos on our social media pages, so if you take any photos during your clean ups, please send them to us at email@example.com with permission to share the images on twitter, facebook etc.
We would particularly like to see some of the younger age groups getting involved this year, there will be some goodie bags available for the best photos!
Register your event at www.nationalspringclean.org for additional information and supports.
Note the advice below in terms of limiting activity to ensure your efforts are within the Covid 19 restrictions.
- Only small groups to take part (exact number to be specified when further guidance on phase 2 of roadmap is given)
- Strict 2m social distance maintained
- Stay within your 20km radius (as will be allowed by 8th June)
- Hand sanitising essential before and after the clean-up
- Use your own gloves, and don’t share your litter picker if you’re using one
- Make sure gloves/ litter pickers are clean before/ after clean up
- Do not collect any discarded PPE or tissue paper.