NOTICE OF PREPARATION OF THE DRAFT MEATH COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2020-2026
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 12 (1) (b) of the Planning and Development Acts, 2000-2019 that Meath County Council, being the Planning Authority for County Meath, has prepared, in accordance with the provisions of the above Act, a Draft Meath County Development Plan for the County of Meath.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by an Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 – 2011 and an Appropriate Assessment, pursuant to Article 6 of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC.
The Draft Plan will be on public display from Wednesday 18th December to Friday 6th March, 2020, inclusive, and is available for inspection at the following locations:
- Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath, C15 Y291. Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 1.00pm & 2.00pm and 5.00pm
- The following Municipal District Offices during normal office opening hours:-
- Ashbourne Municipal District,1-2 Killegland Square Upper, Ashbourne, A84 NY73, From 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Kells Municipal District, Town Hall, Headfort Place, Kells, A82 W2R3. From 9.00am to 1.00pm & 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Laytown/Bettystown Municipal District, Main Street, Duleek, A92 R9KW. From 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- Trim Municipal District, Mornington House, Summerhill Road, Trim C15 P2HE. From 9.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
The following Public Libraries during the library opening hours:-
- Ashbourne Library, 1-2 Killegland Square, Ashbourne, A84 NY73
- Athboy Library, Kells Road, Athboy, C15 TY80
- Duleek Library, Main Street, Duleek, A92 R9KW
- Dunboyne Library, Castle View, Dunboyne, A86 H393
- Dunshaughlin Library, Main Street, Dunshaughlin, A85 KW81
- Kells Library, Castle Street, Kells, A82 YN52
- Meath County Library / Navan Branch Library, Railway Street, Navan C15 RW31
- Nobber Library, Nobber, A82 YW99
- Oldcastle Library, Millbrook Road, Oldcastle, A82 YW99
- Leabharlann Ráth Chairn, Baile Átha Bui, Co na Mi, C15 A9X3
- Slane Library, Castle Hill, Slane, C15 XWFS
- Trim Library, High Street, Trim, C15 P668
The Draft Meath County Development Plan 2020-2026 is also available on Meath County Council’s online consultation portal https://consult.meath.ie. For a full history of the process to date and for updates on the future progress of the Plan, please refer to http://countydevelopmentplanreview.meath.ie.
Observations or submissions regarding the Draft Development Plan and/or Environmental Report and/or Appropriate Assessment are invited from members of the public and other interested parties. You can make an observation or submission via the following two options only;
- Registering on https://consult.meath.ie/ where you can then make a submission on the draft chapters, topics and map sheets. You can also submit drawings of any areas relating to your submission on an interactive development plan map.
- Written observations or submissions can also be made. These should be marked ‘Draft Meath County Development Plan 2020-2026’, and submitted to the Planning Department, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath C15 Y291. Observations or submissions must include the full name and address of the person(s) making the submission and where relevant, the body or organisation represented. Please note that observations or submissions will be made public on the website and at the offices of the Planning Department.
Please note submissions that are emailed cannot be considered and will be returned.
Observations or submissions must be received by 4.00pm on Friday 6th March, 2020.
All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Meath County Development Plan 2020-2026.
Copies of the Draft Plan are available for purchase from the Planning Department, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan or contact the Forward Planning Team @ 046-9097518 / 046-9097500.
Cost: €200 for Volume 1 – Written Statement
€200 for Volume 2 – Written Statement (Settlements)
€700 for full set of documents including maps (Volumes 1-4)
The personal information (data) collected during the consultation process (which may include the collection of sensitive personal data) is collected for the purpose of receiving and dealing with submissions and any data collected is subject to Meath County Council’s privacy statement which can be found at https://www.meath.ie/council/your-council/your-data-and-access-to-information/data-protection/privacy-notices/planning-department