The Meath PPN are accepting applications from Community First Responder groups active in the county for debrillator units.
Application Process for Defibrillators
Application forms are available here: Application Form – Defib R2 2019
All completed applications, meeting the criteria outlined must be submitted to email@example.com by the closing date of 5pm Friday 6th December 2019
Who can apply?
Applicant groups will need to:
- Be set up as a Cardiac First Responders group and registered with the National Ambulance Service
- Be registered with the PPN
- Provide the supporting documentation required
- Have a suitable location for the device and all relevant permissions to attach the defibrillator
- Have appropriate insurance
- Have adequate resources to fund replacement of pads and servicing the equipment
- Ensure that the Defibrillator is maintained
- Be in a position to organise refresher training being provided for the Community First Responder members of the group.
- All completed applications meeting the criteria outlined must be submitted by the closing date.
- All applications will be processed by an independent assessment group.
- If you meet all the criteria and your group is offered a defibrillator an agreement will have to be signed with your group.
- Refresher training will also be offered to all groups who are allocated a defibrillator.
- In the event that the Cardiac First Responders group is dissolved, the defibrillator will be returned to the PPN to be re- allocated.
- If the application process is undersubscribed, there will be a re-launch.
Other relevant information
- Due to the significant cost of the external defibrillator, the PPN is aiming at groups that can demonstrate that they will take care of the defibrillator, maximise its use and have a plan to train others to use it.
- The intention is that defibrillators will be allocated around the county and not in locations where there is one already within a radius of 5km.
- It is important that your group submit the application as early as possible to ensure that all relevant documentation is included in the application as this will be reviewed on receipt by a member of the secretariat to ensure it has been completed.
The Secretariat reserves the right to add or amend criteria where necessary.