Safeguarding 3 Designated Liaison Person Workshop
Monday 11th November | 6.30pm-9.30pm | Windtown Unity Centre, Navan
The third part of Sport Ireland’s Child Welfare & Protection Training Programme is the Designated Liaison Person workshop. Every club/organisation should designate a person to be responsible for dealing with any concerns about the protection of children. The Designated Liaison Person is responsible for reporting allegations or suspicions of child abuse to TUSLA Child and Family Agency and/or An Garda Siochána. It is recommended that this person is a senior club person. It is essential that those who wish to attend this training have attended the Safeguarding 1 Basic Awareness in Protection Workshop. Cost: €20 per person for clubs in Meath, €30 per person for clubs outside Meath. To book a place, please call Lynn on 046-9067337.
Men on the Move – the best move you will ever make!
Are you Male aged 30 plus? Worried about that extra weight? Thinking about getting more active? Want to improve your overall health and wellbeing?
Men on the Move is a beginners physical activity programme aimed at getting adult men active, having fun and improving their fitness levels.
- Weekly physical activity sessions held over 6 weeks (led by a qualified instructor to meet your needs).
- Structured physical activity sessions so that you can find a level and pace that suits you.
Men on the Move will start in Kells, Ashbourne and Navan on the following dates:
- Kells: Monday 11th November at 8pm in Kells Handball Alley.
- Ashbourne: Wednesday 13th November at 7.15pm in Impulse Fitness Ashbourne.
- Navan: Thursday 14th November at 7.30pm in Claremont Stadium, Navan.
For more information please call Ruairi on 046-9067337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
0-3k Walk to Jog
0 to 3k Walk to Jog is a 6 week programme designed to equip complete beginners to increase walking fitness and progress to jogging with relative ease. It is a simple progressive programme that begins with more walking than jogging, and gradually evolves into more jogging than walking.
This programme will take place in Navan and Kells on the following dates:
- Navan: Week 2 continues Tuesday 12th November at 7pm in Blackwater Park, Navan. Cost is €20 for 5 weeks.
- Kells: Starting Thursday 7th November at 7pm meeting at Kells People’s Resource Centre, Lord Edward St, Townparks, Kells. Cost is €15 for 6 weeks.
No fitness level required. To register please contact Lisa on 046-9067337 or email email@example.com
Women’s Netball, in association with Netball Ireland will continue on Thursday 7th November at 7pm-8pm in Gormanston College for the next 5 weeks. Netball a fast, energetic sport that is based around tactics and teamwork!
Suitable for beginners. Participants must be over the age of 16 years. The cost of the programme is €3 per night.
If you are interested in trying Netball, please come along on the night or for more information please call Lisa O’Dowd on 046-9067337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn 2 Cycle Navan
Learn 2 Cycle aims to assist children with a disability to cycle independently. This programme which is held over 6 weeks focuses on empowering parents and giving them the tools to support their child in learning to cycle. The next Learn 2 Cycle programme will take place in Navan.
- Start Date: Thursday 14th November
- Finish Date: Thursday 19th December
- Venue: Claremont Stadium, Navan
- Time: 4pm-5pm
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Cost: €30
*Spaces are limited. To book please call Terry on 046-9067337 or email email@example.com
Royal Rockets Multi-Sport Junior Wheelchair Club Meath
Meath LSP presents “Royal Rockets”, the newly formed IWA Sports Club in Meath! Royal Rockets will host weekly sessions in Scoil Naomh Eoin Navan between now and Christmas. The club is suitable for children aged 5-15 years old with a physical disability and their siblings. New members and volunteers are welcome.
- Dates: Every Wednesday (Starting 6th November)
- Time: 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Venue: Scoil Naomh Eoin, Navan
- Cost: €5 per family, per night
For more info please contact Terry on 0469067337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org