Notice is hereby given that Meath County Council has prepared a draft Local Authority Climate Change Adaptation Strategy in accordance with the provisions of The Climate Action and Low Carbon Development Act 2015 and the National Adaptation Framework (NAF), 2018.
The Climate Change Adaptation Strategy takes on the role as the primary instrument at local level to:
- ensure a proper comprehension of the key risks and vulnerabilities of climate change
- bring forward the implementation of climate resilient actions in a planned and proactive manner and,
- ensure that climate adaptation considerations are mainstreamed into all plans and policies and integrated into all operations and functions of Meath County Council.
Accompanying the draft Climate Change Adaptation Strategy is:
(i) A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Report in accordance with the SEA Directive (DIR 2001/42/EC) and pursuant to European Communities (Environmental Assessment of Certain Plans and Programmes) Regulations 2004 (SI 435 of 2004 as amended by SI 200 of 2011) and,
(ii) An Appropriate Assessment (AA) Screening Report in accordance with the requirements of Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC).
A copy of the draft strategy, SEA and AA screening reports may be viewed on the County Council website: https://consult.meath.ie/ and on the Irish Government’s Public Consultations Portal at https://gov.ie/consultations
Making a Submission:
Submissions or observations may be made:
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- in writing to Caroline Corrigan, Senior Executive Engineer, Environment & Climate Action, Meath County Council, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath.
Submissions or observations should state your name, address and where relevant the organisation/body etc. represented. Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. post/hard copy or by email
Any written submissions or observations received within the timeframe will be taken into consideration before the making of the strategy. You are invited to make written submissions/ observations in respect of the draft strategy and the accompanying SEA and AA screening reports.
Closing date for receipt of submission is midnight on Wednesday 17th July 2019
Please note that all submissions may be available for public viewing during the period of making the strategy. Meath County Council will treat all personal data as confidential and will retain data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of this Climate Change Adaptation Strategy and in accordance with the Council’s Retention Policy and relevant Data Protection legislation.