The National Learning Network Navan are now recruiting for the Employer Based Training Programme
What is Employer Based Training?
EBT is a vocational and personal development training programme based in Navan in Co. Meath. The programme was developed to meet the needs of people who may need extra support in transitioning between being at home, out of work or not fitting in to the traditional school system to progressing to further education, part time or full time employment.
It is designed to help you get a job. This work based training course offers you a work placement in a job that interests you ,so you get real-life training, skills and experience in a job that you want .You will spend up to three days a week learning in the classroom and two to three days a week in on the job training .
Who is Employer Based Training for?
People who may benefit from the EBT programme would be those who may have experienced a setback due to an accident or an illness and who may need to re-evaluate their health or what direction they might be going in. Those that are ready to get back out into the work force but may benefit from a job placement / work experience to help in that transition.
It is wonderful to see students progress and particularly in their own way as progression is different for each individual. In the last number of years we have seen an increase in students securing work and moving on to further education.
- 12 Months
- 12 People on Programme
- Location is Kennedy House, Kennedy Road, Navan, Co. Meath, and work placements will depend on where you are placed.
- QQI Level 4 Major Award in Employment Skills – Communications, Work Experience, Career Planning , Workplace Safety , Customer Service and IT Skills
- Social Welfare payment is not effected
- Start dates are flexible , we operate on continuous intake
How do I apply to Employer Based Training?
People can make direct contact with us if they feel the programme might be a right fit for them. Details are below. We also get referrals from GPs, Counsellors, Social Workers, Department of Social Protection, Occupational Therapists, and Mental Health Services.
- Contact Kevin or Helen to get forms. Phone 0469021975 or Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete Application Form (completed by Applicant)
- Complete Health Report (completed by GP or Health Professional)
- Forward forms to Facilitator
- Facilitator will call Applicant to arrange a casual meeting.