- Local project maximum grant increased from €150,000 to €200,000
- Regional project maximum grant increased from €300,000 to €500,000
- Specific focus on climate action, sustainability and gender equality
- Further information can be found at gov.ie/sportscapital
- Applications can be made online only from 9am on 17 July until 5pm on 8th September 2023
- The deadline for registration with OSCAR system is 5pm on Friday 25th August 2023
The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is the government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment. Grants are available to voluntary, not-for profit sports clubs, community groups, National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of sport and local authorities. Third level colleges, Education and Training Boards (ETBs) and schools may only apply for funding jointly with sports clubs or organisations.
A detailed list of projects that the programme funds can be found in the “Guide to Making an Application” and includes:
- natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
- energy efficient floodlighting
- artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
- security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
- hurling walls / handball alleys
- building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
- building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
- non-personal sports equipment
- modifications to sports facilities to reduce energy consumption
- any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
Online System for Sports Capital Programme
The online OSCAR Website is the only way to apply for grants under the Sports Capital Programme. OSCAR also allows groups to view previous grants and payments, change contact details, seek payment of a grant and otherwise communicate with the department online.
Before applying for a grant all organisations must first register on OSCAR. See the Sports Capital Programme – Guide to Registration.
The deadline for registration with OSCAR system is 5pm on Friday 25th August 2023
If you are unsure if your organisation has previously registered a list of all registered organisations is available here.
How to make an application
The 2023 Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is open for applications until the 8th September 2023.
Read the guide to the 2023 Sports Capital and Equipment Programme below.
SCEP 2023: Guide to Making an Application – Download
- Watch the video guide to the application form
- Sports Capital Programme 2023: Your Questions Answered here.
- Download a blank Sports Capital and Equipment Programme 2020 sample application form
After each round of the SCP a review is undertaken with the aim of further improving the process. The Review of the 2020 round is available.
For information on how applications are assessed, read the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme 2020 assessment guide.
If you require further assistance, please contact SportsCapitalProgrammes@tcagsm.gov.ie