Human Rights and Equality Grant Scheme 2023-24: closing date 26th April 2023
The Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission’s 2023-24 Human Rights and Equality Grant Scheme is now open and accepting applications until 3.00pm, Wednesday 26 April 2023. The purpose of the grants scheme is to support projects by civil society and trade unions that promote human rights and equality. A total of €400,000 is available for projects.
Grants Scheme Strands
The 2023-24 Grants Scheme’s themes are informed by the Commission’s strategic priorities set out in its Strategy Statement 2022-24. This year the Grants Scheme will support projects under the following strands.
Strand A: Advancing Access to Justice and Rights
Strand B: Promoting the Eradication of Ableism, Ageism, Racism, Sexism, Homophobia and Transphobia
Funding is available for small and general grants:
- Small Grants up to: €6,000
- General Grants up to: €20,000
Guidance and Application Form
- 2023-24 Application Form
- 2023-24 Grant Scheme Guidance
- 2023-24 Grant Scheme Guidance accessible word version
- Scéim Deontas Chearta an Duine agus Comhionannais, 2023–24 – Treoir d’Iarratais ar Dheontas
- Scéim Deontas Chearta an Duine agus Comhionannais, 2023–24 – Foirm Iarratais ar Dheontas
The Grants Scheme is open to civil society organisations working to promote human rights and equality and trade unions. Civil society organisations include: local and national community and voluntary organisations, non-governmental organisations, rights-holder-led groups, groups representing area based communities or communities of interest protected under the nine grounds of the Equality legislation, as well as people experiencing poverty, socio-economic discrimination or exclusion, including international protection applicants and migrant communities.
Are You Interested in Applying?
Download presentation from Grant Scheme Information Session
The presentation given at the recent Grants Information Sessions is available on the link below, covering details on the Grants Scheme including its themes, criteria and the application process.
Grants Information Session Presentation
Activities eligible for grant support include but are not limited to:
- Training and capacity building courses
- Education and training resources
- Participatory and qualitative research, legal and policy analysis
- Conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Creative and participatory engagement initiatives
- Campaigns and digital resources
Email address for Queries