Living Well Programme: January 2023
What is the Living Well Programme?
Living Well is a free group self-management programme. Self-management is what a person does every day to manage their long-term health condition. This may include making choices to improve your health such as becoming more active, eating more healthily and stopping smoking. It may also include more complex tasks such as taking medication, monitoring your symptoms, coping with the emotional aspects of the condition and communicating with healthcare professionals.
Living with a long-term health condition can be challenging but may be especially so during Covid 19. The Living Well programme supports you to develop the skills which will help you to live well with a long-term health condition(s). The Living Well programme has proven to be effective in helping people to manage their health conditions better.
A long-term health condition is one that can be treated and managed but usually not cured. Examples include asthma, COPD, diabetes, heart conditions, stroke, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic pain and many
more. The Living Well programme may also be a support for those with long-COVID.
What does Living Well involve?
- It runs for six weeks. There is one workshop each week that lasts for 2.5 hours.
- The programme is usually delivered in a classroom setting. However, during COVID-19 it is available online.
- People taking part in the workshops may have the same health condition(s) as you. Others will have different health conditions.
- The workshops are delivered in a relaxed and friendly way so that all participants can learn from each other. You can also share experiences of living with your condition(s). Each person who takes part gets a book about self-management.
- Two trained facilitators or leaders run the workshops each week. At least one of the facilitators lives with a long-term health condition.
Who is Living Well for?
Living Well is for adults 18 years and over. It is suitable for you, if you are:
- living with one or more long-term health conditions
- caring for someone with a long-term health condition(s)
The programme supports you to develop skills which will help you to live well with a long-term health condition(s). These skills include how to:
- set goals to make changes in your life
- make plans to achieve these goals
- solve problems
- manage your medications
- cope with difficult emotions, low mood and feelings of depression
- communicate well with your family, friends and healthcare team.
- These skills become your toolkit for better health.
Living Well can help you to develop the skills and confidence to manage your health condition(s)
6 Week Group online Programmes – 2.5 hours a week
(10.30am – 1.00pm)
Choose from the following dates starting in January 2023:
- Tuesday – Starting 24th January & Ending 7th March
- Thursday – Starting 26th January & Ending 9th March
For more information please contact
- Aine McNamee – Living Well Co-ordinator
Aine.firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 041 6850676 or 087 1140371
- Joanne Farrelly – Living Well Administrator
Joanne.email@example.com / Tel: 041 6860710 or 087 4308735
Living Well poster: January 2023 Poster with Dates