What is Not Around Us?
Not Around Us is about creating smoke and vape free spaces in areas where children and young people are likely to be.
The purpose of Not Around Us is to:
- Help to protect children and young people from second-hand smoke exposure.
- Contribute to the de-normalisation of smoking for children and young people.
- Reduce the environmental nuisance, cost of cleaning and damage that discarded tobacco products create.
- Signpost to HSE Quit services.
What do I need to do?
Meath PPN members can get involved by promoting your club or community group based location as a smoke free environment. Creating a space where it is easier for those who smoke to quit, and stay quit, and to help de-normalise smoking for the next generation.
- Display Not Around Us signage and/or Charter in the agreed locations (provided free of charge by Healthy Meath).
- Ensure a nominated individual is confident in communicating the Not Around Us message to those using your facility.
- Signpost to HSE QUIT services, visit QUIT.ie.
How to get involved?
Not Around us Signage will be made available free of charge to interested not for profit organisations, schools and early years services.
To sign up please complete the Expression of Interest Form available here and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Healthy Meath, Community Section, Buvinda House, Dublin Road, Navan, Co. Meath.
For More Information Contact:
Aisling O’Donnell, Healthy Ireland Coordinator, Meath County Council
Phone: 046 9097558 or 085 8006315