Charities working in the areas of suicide prevention, homelessness and education access and support can apply to the Fund for project specific funding.
Every quarter ESB allocates an amount from the Fund for disbursement. The amount may vary because of the volume of applications received or seasonal considerations – wintertime and Christmas may require more funding than summer.
Applications submitted during each quarter are appraised at the end of the quarter and funding allocated accordingly.
What will ESB fund within the areas of focus?
- We will fund services and projects working to promote positive mental health and to build capacity, skills and training to make effective suicide prevention interventions.
- We have a particular interest in funding programmes with a focus on youth suicide and positive mental health promotion for young people.
- We will fund services and projects benefiting homeless people and those at risk of homelessness.
Proposals are invited from the following:
- Early years and early primary schools projects focusing on literacy and numeracy;
- Secondary level proposals promoting science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM);
- Adult education return-to-education programmes aimed at those long-term out of work.
Funding is not awarded to / for:
- Individuals and individual fundraisers
- Administrative or operating costs
- Salary expenses
- Third party fundraising (e.g. fundraising events)
- High risk ventures
- Retrospective funding
- Community counselling services
- Overseas work
- Single school applications and school completion projects
Funding must be used exclusively for the purpose of implementing the project as stated in the application form.
Upcoming quarterly closing dates below:
- Round 3 – August 10 2022
- Round 4 – November 2 2022
Further details on the are available at the link below: