Social Inclusion Forum 2022 “Maintaining Momentum: Implementing the Roadmap for Social Inclusion”
The Social Inclusion Forum is an annual national event hosted by the Department of Social Protection. It provides people affected by poverty and social exclusion, as well as the community organisations representing them, the opportunity to come together with officials from relevant Government Departments and the Minister for Social Protection to discuss poverty and social inclusion policy and the related issues of common concern.
It also allows for discussion about the implementation of the Roadmap for Social Inclusion, the national strategy for poverty reduction and improved social inclusion.
The event is organised by the Social Inclusion Division, with the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland and Community Work Ireland (CWI) as event partners. The 2022 Social Inclusion is being held on Wednesday 22 June 2022 at the Bracken Court Hotel, Balbriggan. Those unable to attend in person will be able to view the event online, type questions during the Q&A session and attend an online workshop (subject to availability). The programme for the event is outlined in the following section. Registration opens at 9:45, with the forum commencing at 10:30.
Roadmap for Social Inclusion 2020-2025
The Department of Social Protection published the Roadmap for Social Inclusion 2020-2025 in January 2020. It is a whole-of-government strategy with a mid-term review taking place in 2022. This will facilitate an evaluation of the impact of the Roadmap commitments, as well as allowing commitments to be updated to reflect new actions and strategies across Government.
The Roadmap will build on the work of its predecessors with the aim of reducing the number of people in consistent poverty in Ireland and increasing social inclusion for those who are most disadvantaged. This is reflected in its clearly stated ambition to “Reduce consistent poverty to 2% or less and to make Ireland one of the most socially inclusive countries in the EU”. The Roadmap translates this ambition into seven Goals underpinned by 66 unique Commitments (actions) that will be taken to help deliver these goals. The Roadmap is available here:
“Maintaining Momentum: Implementing the Roadmap for Social Inclusion”
Registration, Tea & Coffee
- Welcome and opening remarks by Department of Social Protection
- Opening Address by Minister for Social Protection and Rural and Community Development and the Islands, Heather Humphreys, T.D.
- Feedback from pre-Forum regional sessions by Community Work Ireland and European Anti-Poverty Network Ireland
- Update on the progress of the Roadmap for Social Inclusion by Department of Social Protection
- Attendees may attend one of the following workshops:
- 1) Core Essentials: The Cost of Living and Income Adequacy
- 2) Supporting Communities
- 3) Social Inclusion and children
- 4) Social Inclusion and people with disabilities
- An online workshop discussing the Mid-Term Review of the Roadmap will be facilitated, with limited availability.
- Summary of workshop outcomes
- Plenary discussion regarding Mid Term Review of the Roadmap for Social Inclusion
- Moderated Q&A session
- Closing Remarks by Minister of State with responsibility for Social Inclusion, Joe O’Brien, T.D.
Attendance at the Forum is free but must be pre-booked. Registration will open on Tuesday, 31st May 2022 and will close at 17:30 on Thursday, 16th June 2022.
If you have any special requests or needs, please specify these on the booking form and we will try to accommodate you, subject to receiving sufficient notice.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration link: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/social-inclusion-forum-2022-tickets-352485472537