Community Integration Workshops: closing date for registration extended to 2nd November 2021
Counties Louth and Meath have adopted a joint Migrant Integration Strategy (link here) with a shared vision to co-ordinate the delivery and ongoing monitoring of the strategy ensuring the active engagement of all stakeholders in its delivery.
We are rolling out 4 virtual workshops to community groups to encourage the integration of migrants into the community through the involvement of their local community groups. The workshops will cover a wide range of areas and topics connected to integration and migrant inclusion
A representative from your group can attend one, several, or all the following workshops by registering their details. If oversubscribed, extra workshops will be scheduled in 2022.
Please find details on each workshop below.
The closing date for registrations is has been extended to 2nd November 2021.
Workshop 1: Thursday 4th November 2021 7-9pm
Theme: Getting the basics right – understanding of critical areas
- Exploring common myths and our own bias about migration
- Understanding key concepts around migration based on diversity and inclusion principles
- Please find a link below to register for Workshop 1:
Workshop 2: Tuesday 9th November 2021 7-9pm
Theme: Inclusive approach – from design of programmes to accountability methods
- Good practices relating to feedback
- Monitoring programmes to ensure they are inclusive of migrants
- How to improve accountability even in informal groups
- Please find a link below to register for Workshop 2:
Workshop 3: Thursday 11th November 2021 7-9pm
Theme: Meaningful engagement of migrant communities
- How local groups can reach out to migrants: practical tools and methods
- Effective communication & culture
- How to promote a positive and diverse cultural environment
- Learning the value of working in partnership and connecting with organisations working with migrants
- Please find a link below to register for Workshop 3:
Workshop 4: Tuesday 16th November 2021 7-9pm
Theme: Transforming practices – be an agent of change and inspire others
- The role of adult education in hosting communities: how communities can learn to be more accepting, and promote good practices
- Bringing awareness on the importance of individual practices: involve others that haven’t been involved with migrant groups, be informed of human rights frameworks/SDGs/ national policies
- Please find a link below to register for Workshop 4:
Meath & Louth Community Sections