Creating Our Future: A National Conversation on Research in Ireland
Tell us what researchers in Ireland can do to create a better future
What is it?
Creating Our Future is an opportunity for everyone in Ireland to give ideas on how to make our country better for all. From science, the environment, health and education to poverty, the arts, diversity and inclusion – all ideas are welcome that can inspire researchers to help make a better future for Ireland.
Why are we doing it?
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown the importance and value of research and innovation in our lives. As a forward-thinking country, we must ask how research can help meet the challenges facing our society over the coming years. Creating our Future opens up this question to all. Your ideas will inspire research projects that make a positive impact on our wellbeing.
What is the process?
- July 2021: Creating our Future is launched inviting people to tell us their ideas.
- End of November 2021: All ideas need to be submitted before this deadline.
- December 2021: Our panels of experts review all ideas submitted and share with researchers.
- March 2022: Researchers consider these ideas and prepare report for government.
HumanLab @ Electric Picnic
- The Human Lab at Electric Picnic 2021 will manifest itself as a colourful, bold and brand new STEM engagement hub at Electric Picnic – Ireland’s biggest annual outdoor music and arts festival.
- Creating Our Future will be taking to the road and visiting towns across Ireland. Bringing the local community together with members of the research community to grab a cuppa and discuss what the local community would like researchers to do to create a better future for their home town.
Digital Encounters with the Past
- IRC researchers using digital technologies to visualise history.