Saturday 31th July to Sunday 5th September
Top Prize €250.00
Due to popular demand the 18th annual Beach Sandcastle Contest will be a Virtual Competition between 31st July and 5th September. The virtual competition is intended to be a COVID-SAFE alternative during this time requiring physical distancing for public safety. There are 2 categories: “Under 14” & “Family”.
Get your sun cream, bucket & spade and start being creative! No experience necessary and all are welcome come and enjoy our great natural resources.
Competition Dates: 31st July to 5th September 2021.
Location: Any Irish beach.
Categories: “Under 14” and “Family”.
Submit entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organiser: Meath East Sands (Bettystown Sandcastle & Sculpturing Competition)
- Email photos/short video of your entry to email@example.com
- Include: Your name, Category, Beach Location, Title of your piece.
- Sandcastle & Sculptures can only consist of sand, driftwood, shells, seaweed, rocks and stones found on the beach on the day of building.
- No permanent forms shall be included in your structure.
- The use of shovels, hoes, spatulas and spades etc. are permitted.
- Sand forms, buckets etc. can only be used as forms.
- All entries must be constructed on an Irish Beach.
- Entries submitted after midnight, September 5th 2021 will not be considered.
- The winner will be chosen by our Judging Panel.
- The winner of each category will be contacted directly via the email address used for submission within 28 days of the closing date and will need to respond within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winners name will be available on request and published on our Facebook page
- Originality/creativity, attention to detail and artistic impression.
- Category 1, Under 14: 1st Prize €50, 2nd Prize €20, 3rd Prize €20.
- Category 2, Fami ly: 1st Prize €250, 2nd Prize €100, 3rd Prize €50