Minister O’Gorman announces 2021 LGBTI+ Community Services Funding Call
Wednesday 7th of July 2021
- €700,000 will be made available to support community services for LGBTI+ people.
- Funding aims to promote inclusion, protect rights and to improve quality of life and wellbeing for LGBTI+ people in Ireland.
- Grant scheme is open to applications from existing LGBTI+ non-government organisations and community organisations working with LGBTI+ people.
The Minister for Children, Disability, Equality and Integration, Roderic O’Gorman T.D., today announced that applications can now be made for funding from the LGBTI+ Community Services fund.
€700,000 is being made available to applicant groups, operating at national, regional and local level, to support community services and promote visibility and inclusion of LGBTI+ people.
The 2021 LGBTI+ Community Services Funding Call is an important element in supporting the implementation of the National LGBTI+ Inclusion Strategy, which was published on 28 November 2019, and complements the National LGBTI+ Youth Strategy published in June 2018.
Announcing the funding, Minister O’Gorman said “My Department aims to build a safer, fairer, more inclusive Ireland. The National LGBTI+ inclusion strategy is a major step forward for the LGBTI+ community – young and old, urban and rural. The continuation of this funding programme is a clear sign of my Department’s commitment to further improve access to services for LGBTI+ people, irrespective of their age or where they live.”
Key actions for the Department include maintaining the funding and capacity of LGBTI+ community services, as well as measures to ensure that community development infrastructure more broadly is both inclusive and welcoming to LGBTI+ people.
Minister O’Gorman added “Continuing to support the LGBTI+ community is a priority for my Department. The funding announced today follows last year’s successful funding call and will help improve quality of life for LGBTI+ people and ensure they are supported in realising their rights.”
Additional funding of €700,000 was secured in the Equality budgetary allocation for 2021 to support equality and LGBTI+ initiatives, bringing the total funding available to over €920,000 in 2021.
There are two streams of funding, and applications must be submitted electronically. Applications for funding will remain open until 3pm on Monday 26 July 2021. Groups can access a detailed guidance document and complete an online application form at the following links:
Scheme A –
Scheme B –
Note for Editors:
Applications for Funding will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Strategic fit and achieving the goals of the Scheme, including how the proposed project would benefit LGBTI+ people in rural areas
- Strength of proposal, including how the planned activities will improve services and meet the current unmet needs of the LGBTI+ community.
- Financial management and value for money
Issued by the Press and Communications Office at the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth.