The first ever national Allotments and Community Gardens Week will be taking place in Ireland from 14th – 21st October 2023!
We are running this event to raise awareness of allotments and community gardens, to highlight how important they are and to detail the huge benefits of community gardening for communities, individuals, and the environment.
The 2023 theme is “Growing with Nature” and we are hoping to get as many allotments and community gardens involved.
Some examples of activities during the week are:
1) Organise a tour or an event (in person or virtual!) at your allotments or community gardens with an emphasis on how you are helping local wildlife and biodiversity!
2) Post photos and videos online during the week about what actions you are taking to grow with nature at your allotment or community garden!
3) Publicise the week as it is the first ever Irish event like this – we will be posting information on our social media in the coming weeks, so please share and like! #NationalAllotmentsWeek #NationalCommunityGardensWeek
If you don’t have social media, you can email us any photos or videos and we can post them online and tag your community garden or allotment.
If you are going to run an event during this week, please let us know by replying to email firstname.lastname@example.org and by tagging Community Gardens Ireland on social media during the event (14th – 21st October 2023).
To align with the start of Allotments and Community Gardens Week 2023, we will be organising our Yearly Gathering of Community Growers.
This year it takes place in Cork City on Saturday 14th October where we will be visiting and seeing first hand some amazing community growing projects in the city. More details including Eventbrite link to follow on this!
- Meath Community Response to Covid-19: MAP
- Community Wellbeing Vision