The Town & Village Renewal Scheme provides funding for projects that make our towns and villages more attractive and sustainable.
Following on from the announcement by Minister Humphreys of the launch of the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme please now find below scheme details and the expression of interest form relating to the 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme.
The 2023 Town and Village Renewal Scheme is designed to support the revitalisation of rural Ireland through a renewed focus on town centre regeneration and enhancing economic and social vibrancy in line with Our Rural Future & Town Centre First policies.
This will be achieved through:
- Town Regeneration projects
- Enhancing our streetscapes
- Green spaces/recreational amenities in town or village centres
- Refurbishment of existing community centres
- A new option to allow local authorities to acquire plots of land to enable development of town regeneration, such as town parks, plazas etc
- Bringing vacant and derelict buildings back into use as multi-purpose or community spaces or to address remote working needs
- Projects to support town or village centre markets, eg. farmers markets or artisan markets
- Town/Village centre plaza development
The 2023 scheme will be targeted at three categories of Towns/Villages as follows:
Category 1: Towns and Village with a population of up to 5,000 people
Category 2: Towns and Villages with a population of 5,001 to 10,000
Category 3: Larger Towns with a population of up to 15,000 people may be eligible here to application is of a high quality and outlines a strong need for the investment , good value for money and positive outcomes that will have a substantial impact on the town.
For the 2023 Scheme, the minimum grant which is available is €20,000. The maximum level of grant funding available is remaining at €500,000 in respect of one application from each Local Authority. A maximum of €250,000 will apply in respect of a further 4 applications. 1 application must be in respect of Towns/Villages that have not previously received funding under the Standard Town & Village Renewal Scheme in the last 3 years.
As in previous years, applications will be assessed on a competitive basis.