Meath County Council has sought approval from An Bord Pleanála for the redevelopment of lands in their ownership at Athlumney, Navan which include the former Spicers’s Bakery, the Ramparts Car Park and Andy Brennan Park. A Planning Application was submitted to An Bord Pleanála on the 22nd of December.
Details available here
The proposed development consists of:
- Preservation works to the former Spicers Bakery (Protected Structure RPS no. 90881)
- Change of use and extension of the existing office building into café/retail use with a stepped plaza, covered band stand and access paths. A single storey glazed extension is proposed to be added.
- Redevelopment of the existing Ramparts carpark area access points, with 64 car parking spaces and a bike stand which can accommodate 9 no. bikes.
- Demolition of the 4 terraced dwellings fronting the Kentstown road to provide a public plaza,
- The redesign of Andy Brennan Park to provide a public plaza, with stepped integrated seating areas, active urban park and bike stands to accommodate 9 no. bikes.
- Upgrade of the underpass of Somerville Bridge (Protected Structure RPS no. 90878) and to provide mobility upgrades to the existing steps to enhance links to Ramparts off the Athlumney Road.
All Plans and Particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection free of charge during public opening hours within the period 22nd December 2022 and 13th February 2023, inclusive, at the following locations:
Submissions and observations are invited relating to –
- The implications of the proposed development for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site, if carried out.
Submissions or observations can only be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, not later than 5.30pm on 13th February 2023.
All submissions must be labelled with the following project name:Meath County Council Spicer’s Bakery/Andy Brennan Project, Athlumney, Navan, Co. Meath.