HSE online training 8th April 2022: Understanding trauma and supporting the needs of people fleeing war and / or persecution
HSE Cork Kerry Community Healthcare in conjunction with the HSE National Social Inclusion Office and HSE Mental Health are delivering the following FREE training: Understanding Trauma and Supporting the Needs of People Fleeing War and / or Persecution.
The training takes place on:
- Date: Friday 8th April 2022
- Time: 10.00am – 12.30pm
- Location: Zoom
Who is this training for?
The training is for anyone working with or supporting children adults and / or families who have fled war and /or persecution, including those providing support to people who have already arrived in Ireland from Ukraine and all other people seeking international protection here in Ireland. It is suitable for people working in Statutory and Non- Statutory organisations such as the HSE, Child and Family Agency, Department of Education and Science, Department of Social Protection, Department of Justice, NGO’s and community support services.
Participants will leave with an awareness / basic understanding of the following:
- War trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- The psychosocial needs of people who have fled war and are adjusting to a new life in Ireland
- Understanding the barriers that interfere with people accessing and benefitting from supports
- Helpful do’s and don’ts when working with people who have survived war trauma
- When and where to get help for trauma / PTSD
- Understanding the importance of minding your own psychological wellbeing when helping others
Please find a registration link below :
Please find leaflet pdf here: Free training – Understanding Trauma – pdf