The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has launched the 2022 Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme.
The 2022 Outdoor Recreation Infrastructure Scheme (ORIS) will see the development of natural amenities such as Ireland’s mountains, lakes, beaches, bogs, walkways, greenways and blueways.
Meath County Council is seeking expressions of interest for projects under the following headings:
- Measure 1 for small scale projects requiring funding of up to €30,000,
- Measure 2 for medium scale projects with funding of between €30,000 to €200,000,
- Measure 3 for large scale projects seeking funding of up to €500,000, and
- Project Development Measure funding of up to €50,000 for development costs for strategic large scale projects.
As set out in the scheme details, projects with evidence of strong community engagement will be prioritised.
As in previous years, the scheme does not include sporting activities which take place in the countryside on confined courses or pitches specifically designed and constructed for those events e.g., golf, football, show jumping etc.
All expressions of interest must be submitted to Meath County Council’s Community Department email@example.com by 25th March 2022 to allow sufficient time for applications to be prepared and finalised.
The scheme details and relevant application forms are available below:
- Measure 1 Application Form (MSWORD, 138.57 kb)
- Measure 2 & 3 Application Form (MSWORD, 136.89 kb)
- Project Development Measure Application Form (MSWORD, 120.81 kb)
- Scheme Outline ORIS 2022 (PDF, 811.95 kb)