What is the Living Well Programme?
Living Well is a free group self-management programme. Self-management is what a person does every day to manage their long-term health condition. This may include making choices to improve your health such as becoming more active, eating more healthily and stopping smoking. It may also include more complex tasks such as taking medication, monitoring your symptoms, coping with the emotional aspects of the condition and communicating with healthcare professionals.
Living with a long-term health condition can be challenging but may be especially so during Covid 19. The Living Well programme supports you to develop the skills which will help you to live well with a long-term health condition(s). The Living Well programme has proven to be effective in helping people to manage their health conditions better.
What does Living Well involve?
- It runs for six weeks. There is one workshop each week that lasts for 2.5 hours.
- The programme is usually delivered in a classroom setting. However, during COVID-19 it is available online.
- People taking part in the workshops may have the same health condition(s) as you. Others will have different health conditions.
- The workshops are delivered in a relaxed and friendly way so that all participants can learn from each other. You can also share experiences of living with your condition(s). Each person who takes part gets a book about self-management.
- Two trained facilitators or leaders run the workshops each week. At least one of the facilitators lives with a long-term health condition.
Who is Living Well for?
Living Well is for adults 18 years and over. It is suitable for you, if you are:
- living with one or more long-term health conditions
- caring for someone with a long-term health condition(s)
The programme supports you to develop skills which will help you to live well with a long-term health condition(s). These skills include how to:
- set goals to make changes in your life
- make plans to achieve these goals
- solve problems
- manage your medications
- cope with difficult emotions, low mood and feelings of depression
- communicate well with your family, friends and healthcare team.
- These skills become your toolkit for better health.
6 Week Group online Programme involves 2.5 hours a week (usually 10.30am – 1.00pm)
Courses will run in Meath in January 2022 with the choice of days and start dates given below:
- Tuesday – Starting 18th January 2022
- Wednesday – Starting 19th January 2022
- Thursday – Starting 20th January 2022
For more information contact Aine on 0871140371 or 041 6850767
Brochure: living well brochure 2021 CHO 8 – PDF