Parents Plus is a charity based in the Mater Hospital, which designs evidence-based parenting and mental health programmes and trains professionals to run them. The charity is now launching the new Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme, which is designed to support families to improve their health and well-being.
By training in the Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme professionals will learn how to support parents to:
- Understand how to improve their families health and well-being
- Promote healthy eating and mealtimes
- Incorporate active play and physical activities into their day
- Maintain positive mental health and self-esteem
- Establish good routines for sleep
- Set up rules around technology use at home
- Build positive family relationships
This programme is practical, solution-focused and draws on parents strengths. It is suitable for all families with young children under 12 years of age.
Through training in this programme, you will learn to:
- Gain opportunities to observe and practise the skills to become a solution-focused facilitator
- Develop an in-depth understanding of this programme;
- Deliver the programme via face-to-face or online sessions to groups and individual families;
- Learn how to build on parents strengths as a basis for ongoing change, and;
- Strengthen inter-agency and community partnerships.
Parents Plus are currently offering fully sponsored training, supervision and materials to train in and run the new evidence-based programme to those who support ongoing research on the effectiveness of the programme being carried out by University College Dublin. Successful applicants will also receive:
- All materials required to advertise, run and evaluate the programme (including the Parents Plus Healthy Families Facilitators’ Manual, DVD and access to online resources);
- Post-training support and supervision(including 2 Group & 2 Individual Supervision Sessions); and
- A full set of Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme Parent Books for the parents in your group.
To find out more about how training in the Parents Plus Healthy Families Programme can enhance your skills as a professional, as well as improve physical and wellbeing outcomes of the families attending, or waiting to attend your service, please attend the free Introductory Webinar with Parents Plus CEO, Prof. John Sharry.
Click here to sign up for the free Introductory Webinar which will take place on Friday 26th November from 11.30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Training will take place online, over five modules from 9:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. on 12th, 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st of January 2022. If you have any further questions relating to this opportunity please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org