Health Issues in the Community: Training 10th & 11th June 2021
Health Issues in the Community is a training course which explores health issues that are relevant to you and your community.
The course looks at how poverty, housing, employment, income, food, and a range of other things affect our health and the health of our communities.
HIIC is for everyone, particularly for people who would like to improve their knowledge, skills, and become more involved in their local community. It is for local community members, volunteers and those who work with community members.
The following course will be delivered with funding from Healthy Ireland:
HIIC: Inequality, Equity and Social Inclusion
- When: 10th & 11th June 2021 (6-8pm)
- Cost: Free
The course will look at topics such as poverty, income, support, education, racism…. and how these can strengthen or undermine the health of individuals and communities.
The course covers a broad range of topics, this is done through group and individual exercises and scenarios.
The topics we will be looking at include –
- Factors that affect our health
- Inequalities and equity in health
- Social inclusion
- 80% exercises and scenarios and 20% slides.
- The course is designed for you to look at it from your own communities point of view at the resources or lack of in your area.
- The course aims to give participants an understanding of the topics and for them to adapt and deliver it at local level.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register