Please find an update below:
Unfortunately the current level of Covid-19 cases in Meath is very high and well above the national average.
- Ashbourne’s 14 day incidence rate is now TWICE that of the National Average
- Navan’s 14 day incidence rate is now THREE TIMES that of the National Average
- Over 50% of all positive cases this week in the North East have been in Meath
We all have an opportunity, and the responsibility, to contain the spread of the virus by moderating how we act collectively and individually.
Over the next few weeks we need to make an extra effort in Meath’s fight against Covid-19.
- If you are going out only undertake necessary journeys and exercise within 5km of your home.
- Limit your contacts, always maintain social distancing, and ensure you are practising regular hand washing.
- We are in this together, we must all play a part.
- Public health guidance on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is available here
Everyone is finding the restrictions difficult; it is even more difficult for those who have suffered loss at this time. You are responsible for your actions. Please play your part in our counties fight against the virus.