Consultation on the Draft Initial State Report under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
The Minister of State with responsibility for Disability, Ms. Anne Rabbitte T.D. has published the Draft Initial State Report under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities for consultation.
Please find a link to the Draft Initial State Report below:
Please find a link to Screen Reader Version of Draft Initial State Report below:
A three month long consultation process period is now open.
Consultation will take place in a number of ways.
- Firstly, written submissions on the State Report are invited from interested parties and can be submitted to the Department at the following email address: email@example.com
- In addition, in February 2021, the Department will undertake a number of consultation events with stakeholder groups. These will most likely be online events as a result of public health measures and more details will follow in the New Year.
- Following the establishment of the Disability Participation and Consultation Network, that group has been tasked with carrying out consultation with people with disabilities and their representative bodies, to ensure that the State report captures this most important group of stakeholder voices.
- In addition, should you wish to make a submission in any other format, every effort will be made to facilitate these, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for written submission is 03 March 2021.
Further details of the consultation events to be held by the Department will be made available on this page shortly.
- Published on 3 December 2020
- Open for submissions from 3 December 2020
- Submissions closed 3 March 2021