The Citizen Engagement and Deliberative Democracy Festival is taking place from 6-12 December.
You can register for the event and find the agenda HERE.
We have an exciting agenda planned for the week, including:
- An opening address by Commissioner Mariya Gabriel
- Thought-provoking live and asynchronous discussions with key practitioners on citizen engagement and deliberative democracy policy in the EU
- Input from Commission Vice-Presidents and politicians working directly on the European Democracy Action Plan and the Conference on the Future of Europe
- A closing address by JRC Director-General Stephen Quest
- A video exhibition of citizen engagement projects, live artwork and citizens’ insights into citizen engagement projects and the transformation of public spaces during COVID-19.
We are pleased to be presenting the festival to you entirely online this year through the new EU Academy platform.
We welcome you to join us for this virtual journey!
*Don’t forget to submit your submissions into the call: Where is the public? Stories on public spaces from the year of lockdowns. We welcome visual and written accounts of experiences and reflections on the ways in which public spaces have been changing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Selected submissions will be shown during the festival and at its satellite events. Fill out your submission form HERE.
The 3rd CEDD Festival Team