LGBTI+ Mental Health Webinar: 24th November 2020
LGBTIWebinarPoster – pdf
LGBTI+ Mental Health
Mental Health Reform, LGBT Ireland, and BelongTo are hosting a free webinar on the morning of 24th November 2020 to explore the topic of mental health and the LGBTI+ community. This HSE funded event will explore themes including the prevalence of mental health difficulties within the LGBTI+ community, access to services and supports, early intervention and prevention for young people, and how services can be delivered in a manner sensitive to the needs of LGBTI+ people.
Chaired by Dil Wickremasinghe, the conference will be opened by Minister of State for Mental Health & Older People, Mary Butler TD. There will be 4 panels of speakers, including,
- Professor Agnes Higgins – TCD and Chair of Mental Health Reform
- Vanessa Lacey – Health & Education Manager with TENI
- Paula Fagan – CEO of LGBT Ireland
- Moninne Griffith – CEO of BelongTo
- Dr Aileen Murtagh of St Patricks Mental Health Services
Additional contributions will be made by the staff of Mental Health Reform, LGBT Ireland, and BelongTo, and, vitally, speakers with lived experience of seeking out and accessing mental health services & supports.
To accompany this exciting programme of discussion, the morning will begin with a short Chair Yoga and Mindfulness Session with panels being interspersed with short cultural contributions, including,
- A presentation by Nicola Ralston of the National Library of Ireland on the photographic work of LGBTI+ rights activist Christopher Robson
- A screening of the Anna Rodgers short film, I AM, and
- A performance of a commissioned poem by artist Felispeaks.
This event will be of particular interest to people in the LGBTI+ community, family and friends as well as those working in mental health services, youth and community workers, patient advocates, academics, and to those with lived experience of accessing mental health services.
Register for your free ticket at https://lgbtimentalhealthwebinar.eventbrite.ie.
For more information contact: Yvonne (she/her) at email@example.com or 089 4888016