May 10th Message from Covid-19 Health Communications Stakeholder Support
Update for PPN Members
This is another note to let you know that there are a few communications updates for you.
Some interesting insights to share in the attached link conducted by the Department of Health – here is a link to a report on this published yesterday
HoldFirm – the HSE’s new campaign
Information on the HSE’s new campaign called HoldFirm, launching tomorrow (9th May 2020, just before 6pm) can be found here including details on how you and your organisation can help support the campaign and share the message. Campaign assets are also available here filed under ‘HoldFirm assets’.
Updated COVID-19 Resources
The most up to date COVID-19 poster in English can be found here.
Wellbeing ‘In This Together’
The campaign this week incorporates a Leaving Certificate wellbeing page. We appreciate your continued support of this campaign under the #InThisTogether
1. The Government’s roadmap for reopening society and business can be found here.
2. The National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) urges anyone with signs and symptoms of cancer to telephone their GP in this new video available here.
3. The Irish Hospice Foundation Covid-19 Care & Inform Hub includes a range of information resources and videos focusing on the themes of grief, funerals in exceptional times, planning ahead and a suite of resources for healthcare professionals. It can be found here.
4. Cancer awareness campaign for anyone with potential signs and symptoms of cancer – The National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) launched a campaign urging anyone with potential signs and symptoms of cancer to telephone their GP to check them out. The number of patients being referred to cancer diagnostic services has decreased since the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic which is a cause of concern for the NCCP as it indicates that people with symptoms of cancer are delaying seeking medical advice. A video was developed urging people with signs and symptoms of cancer to telephone their GP and have them checked out.
5. Men and COVID-19’ Webinar – an invitation – The Engage National Men’s Health Training Programme partners have invited Alan White, Emeritus Professor of Men’s Health at Leeds Beckett University, to present insights into ‘Men and experience of COVID-19’. The presentation will include current evidence and a Q&A afterwards. To book a place, send an email to Colin Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org Places are limited and offered on a first-come-first-served basis. one hour online webinar will take place on Wednesday 13th May 2020 at 11.00am.
6. AMRIC Education Programme
On the 1st May 2020, the COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Guidance for Home Visits webinar took place. Information for this webinar, as well as other webinars can be found here.
7. Dawn Chorus – Creative Aging International have come together with Sing Ireland and the Royal Irish Academy of Music to bring you Dawn Chorus. The idea is simple, easy and free and may involve a neighbourhood group or joining a local choir and connection through song. There is an opportunity to rehearse online, on the phone, at the front gate, or on the local street.
8. The Dementia – Understand together campaign offer the following online activities and resources
I. Bealtaine Festival – events and full programme here
II. Age & Opportunity – To help during the pandemic, Age & Opportunity developed a range of resources on building resilience, keeping active and getting creative which can be found on: https://ageandopportunity.ie/
III. Alzheimer Society of Ireland’s National Helpline – this helpline is expanding with a new free call-back service which offers people with dementia and family carers from anywhere in Ireland the opportunity to book a 1:1 session with a Dementia Nurse or a Dementia Adviser during the COVID-19 public health emergency. People with dementia and their family carers who want to avail of this new service can contact the National Helpline to make an appointment which is open six days a week Monday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 10am–4pm on 1800 341 341
If your organisation has any specific requests in relation to COVID-19 public health information materials, please email us at Partner.Pack@hse.ie to let us know.
Invitation to AMRIC Team COVID-19 IPC webinar
Topic: COVID-19 Infection Control guidance for Vulnerable Group Settings
Presented by: Prof. Martin Cormican , National HCAI Clinical Lead
Mary McKenna, IPC Nursing Lead , AMRICTeam
Date and time : Thursday , May 14th from 5pm – 6.15pm. Pre-register for the event by copying the attached link to internet browser and follow the instructions:
You can listen to the webinar over the computer but sound quality is better over the phone:
Irish dial in number by telephone: 015260058
Access code: 952371938
Stay well and stay safe.
Covid Stakeholders Communications