Application Process for Defibrillators
Application forms are available here: MPPN Defib Application Form 1
All completed applications, meeting the criteria outlined must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Friday 20th Sept 2019
Who can apply?
Applicant groups will need to:
- Be set up as a Cardiac First Responders group and registered with the National Ambulance Service
- Be registered with the PPN
- Provide the supporting documentation required
- Have a suitable location for the device and all relevant permissions to attach the defibrillator
- Have appropriate insurance
- Have adequate resources to fund replacement of pads and servicing the equipment
- Ensure that the Defibrillator is maintained
- Be in a position to organise refresher training being provided for the Community First Responder members of the group.
- All completed applications meeting the criteria outlined must be submitted by the closing date.
- All applications will be processed by an independent assessment group.
- If you meet all the criteria and your group is offered a defibrillator an agreement will have to be signed with your group.
- Refresher training will also be offered to all groups who are allocated a defibrillator.
- In the event that the Cardiac First Responders group is dissolved, the defibrillator will be returned to the PPN to be re- allocated.
- If the application process is undersubscribed, there will be a re-launch.
Other relevant information
- Due to the significant cost of the External defibrillator the PPN is aiming to get a group that can demonstrate that they will take care of the defibrillator, maximise it’s use and have a plan to train others to use it.
- The intention is that defibrillators will be allocated around the county and not in locations where there is one already within a radius of 5km.
- It is important that your group submit the application as early as possible to ensure that all relevant documentation is included in the application as this will be reviewed on receipt by a member of the secretariat to ensure it has been completed.
The Secretariat reserves the right to add or amend criteria where necessary.