Kells MD: What would make your community the best place to belong? Have your say on Friday 4th October in Kells.
The Meath PPN wish to bring member groups in the Kells Municipal District together to discuss the following questions:
- What would make your community the best place to belong?
- What do we have and what do we need to help our community to be as great as it can be for us and for the many generations that follow on from ours?
The event will take place from 7pm on the 4th October in the Headfort Arms Hotel, Kells.
We will be looking to tap into your local knowledge so that future planning in Meath will take into consideration what you want for your area.
The workshop will be a creative process to generate ideas on the following:
Social & Community Development –
- How can we be an inclusive community where we support each other and ensure no one is left out?
- What are the important social services and facilities we need to live well from childhood to old age?
Environment & Sustainability –
- How do we value our natural environment and man-made heritage?
- What can be done to conserve, protect and restore these?
- How can we interact with the environment in a sustainable way, and hand it on to the next generation in a better state?
Work, Economy & Resources –
- How can our communities thrive economically, with good jobs, and supports for enterprise, business and for people not in work?
- What resources do we have and are they used effectively and sustainably without causing harm to social and environmental sustainability?
- How can all members of our community enjoy the best possible physical and mental health?
- What about people with special needs, older people, and carers?
Values, Culture & Meaning –
- What is needed to ensure that everyone both feels, and actually is, included and valued, and that our different values and cultures are respected and nurtured?
- What are the important parts of our culture that we want to hand on to future generations?
Participation, Democracy & Good Governance –
- What is necessary to ensure that our local government structures support the wellbeing of our community for this and future generations?
- What is necessary to ensure that we have a voice in the decisions that affect us and that all voices are being heard?
If you wish to take part or would like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org